Tuesday 5 April 2011

Evaluation Question 5

How did I attract and address my audience?
I firstly conducted a focus group in my initial audience research to learn more about my target audience and what they wanted from a music magazine of this genre. 



My front cover model is a representation of my ideal reader and other models of this music genre; moody facial expressions, 'hands on hips' poses reinforce superiority, and that the model is in charge, dominant and completely sure and confident of themselves. They are all dressed in the latest 'in trend' clothes and accessories like my featured front cover model. My audience are interested in materialistic good they desire, such as smart phones, the latest gadgets, games and designer clothes to make sure they are a cut above the rest - so I have created a 'WIN £4200 WORTH OF TOP MUSIC GEAR' sell line icon on the front cover to attract my audience. The buzz word 'top' tells the audience that this is the best-of-the-best gear and that is something that excites my target audience. My colours used are very similar to the issue of NME featured; this 3 colour palette attracts my intended audience as it is sexy and playful but serious. I have challenged the use of fonts used usually in magazines of this genre, for example my font choices are a lot simpler than ones used in NME. This is because my target audience said they wanted a cleaner 'look' to a magazine, with not as much going on - a more sophisticated classic look. 
I conducted audience research with my target audience at different stages of my production and took this on board to make relevant changes. The following is some audience feedback that was taken out after my rough cut products were completed: 


I used this feedback to make the following changes; I added vital page numbers into my products, made my text larger on my front page to cancel out any unwanted white space, changed the shade of my 'Artists Index' box on my Contents Page and I added a banner and lengthened my article on my DPS. You can see clearly in the timeline of my blog what changes were made from my rough cuts to my final products. 

Audience research is really important in creating a quality product that will do well when launched - Knowing who your audience is makes it a lot easier to design a product for them because you are aware of their interests.
Also after I had finished my flat plans I conducted some other research and commented on it in a video, this helped me construct my rough cut. 

Audience Feedback


No comments:

Post a Comment